Bad luck can be a frustrating and unpleasant experience. It can make you feel like nothing is going your way and that you are doomed to fail. But don’t despair, there are ways to get rid of bad luck and attract positive energy into your life. In this article, we will explore some of the most effective methods to banish bad luck and bring good fortune.
What is Bad Luck?
Bad luck is a term that describes a series of events that are harmful or negative, such as accidents, illnesses, losses, or failures. Some people believe that bad luck is caused by their own actions, such as breaking a mirror, spilling salt, or walking under a ladder. Others believe that bad luck is influenced by external factors, such as curses, evil spirits, or astrological influences.
How to Get Rid of Bad Luck
There are different things you can do to get rid of bad luck and negative energy. Some of them are based on superstitions, while others are based on scientific evidence. Here are some of the most common and effective ways to get rid of bad luck.
Salt is considered good luck by many cultures in the world. It is believed to have cleansing and purifying properties that can ward off evil and negativity. In order to get rid of many forms of bad luck, you can take a pinch of salt and throw it over your left shoulder (throwing salt over your right shoulder will bring you more bad luck). Alternatively, you can cleanse your body of bad luck by bathing in salt water. Simply add two tablespoons of salt to a bath of hot water. Another method is to sprinkle sea salt in the corner of each room and underneath each windowsill. This will protect your home from bad luck.
Don’t Throw Away Pieces of Broken Mirror
If you break a mirror, you should never just throw the pieces away. This will effectively seal your fate and give you seven long years of bad luck. This superstition stems from the ancient belief that mirrors reflect the soul and that breaking them damages the soul. To avoid this fate, you can either take all of the pieces of the mirror and grind them down to dust and scatter it in the wind or take a single piece of the mirror (big enough to reflect but not big or sharp enough to be dangerous) and wait until the next full moon. Depending on how close you are to the full moon, you’ll still get bad luck for a small while but if you use the mirror to reflect the full moon and gaze into it, it nullifies the bad luck. You can then bury the piece of mirror or keep it.
Burning incense is an effective way to get rid of bad luck and negative energy. Incense has been used for centuries in various religious and spiritual rituals to create a sacred and pleasant atmosphere. It is also believed to repel demons or evil spirits and attract good ones. Burning incense in your home or office can help you clear the space of any unwanted vibes and fill it with positive ones. Choose pungent scents like sandalwood or jasmine, and if you are burning more than one stick, make sure to use an odd number rather than an even number.
Carry Protective Charms
Small, protective charms are a great way of warding off bad luck as you go about your daily life. They can be worn on a chain or bracelet or carried around in a pocket. Some of the most common ones include:
- Keys: Key charms have been used to bring good luck since ancient times. Wearing three keys together is said to unlock the three doors of wealth, health and love.
- Shamrock and clover: Wearing fresh shamrock or clover, or wearing a charm in the shape of the rare four-leafed clover is a popular method of bringing good luck. Each of the four leaves represent a lucky characteristic; wealth, fame, love and health.
- Horseshoe: Horse shoes are said to be lucky because they were originally made of iron, which was believed to ward off evil spirits. They also resemble the shape of a crescent moon, which was considered a sign of fertility and prosperity. To bring good luck, hang a horseshoe above your door with the open end facing up.
Fengshui Your Home
Fengshui is an ancient Chinese art and science that deals with the harmonious arrangement of the environment. It is based on the principle that everything is connected by a flow of energy called chi, and that by optimizing the flow of chi, you can improve your health, wealth, and happiness. Fengshui can help you get rid of bad luck by removing any clutter, broken items, or sharp objects from your home, as they can block or disrupt the flow of chi. You can also enhance the flow of chi by placing certain objects or colors in specific areas of your home, such as:
- Money tree: A money tree is a type of plant that has braided stems and round leaves. It is believed to attract wealth and prosperity and is often placed in the wealth area of the home, which is the southeast corner according to the bagua map (a fengshui tool that divides the space into nine areas corresponding to different aspects of life).
- Copper coin bracelet: A copper coin bracelet is a type of jewelry that consists of copper coins strung together on a cord or chain. It is believed to bring good luck and protection from harm and is often worn on the left wrist or placed in the helpful people area of the home, which is the northwest corner according to the bagua map.
How to Recognize Signs of Good Luck
Sometimes, bad luck can make us feel hopeless and pessimistic. But it is important to remember that bad luck is not permanent and that good luck can come at any moment. To attract more good luck into your life, you need to be open and receptive to the signs of good luck that are around you. Some of the most common signs of good luck are:
- Finding a penny: Finding a penny on the ground is a sign of good luck, especially if it is heads up. The saying “find a penny, pick it up, all day long you’ll have good luck” reflects this belief.
- Seeing a rainbow: Seeing a rainbow in the sky is a sign of good luck, as it symbolizes hope, joy, and peace. It is also said that there is a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow, which represents abundance and fortune.
- Catching a falling star: Catching a falling star or making a wish on a shooting star is a sign of good luck, as it means that your wish will come true. Shooting stars are also considered messengers from the heavens, bringing you guidance and blessings.
Bad luck can be annoying and discouraging, but it doesn’t have to last forever. By following some of the tips and tricks mentioned in this article, you can get rid of bad luck and invite more good luck into your life. Remember to be positive, grateful, and optimistic, and you will soon see your luck change for the better.